Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Creatures Community, C4 and Grandroids.

Welcome to Creatures Evolution! A new blog dedicated to the A.I. games Creatures 1, Creatures 2, Creatures 3 and the upcoming Creatures 4! I've been floating around the creatures community since 1997 and still love the games to this day. I've gone by the handles DeathAngeL (I was 12 at the time so forgive the corniness) and FreaKvenDor. Creatures 2 is my favorite of the series, but is closely followed by Creatures 1. I also had Creatures Village and Creatures adventures, but I don't count those as they were weird and terrible. I also had that really messed up PS1 port of creatures...that was creepy.

I'm pretty excited about the upcoming Creatures 4 but I'm still worried it will end up a stripped, money-making shell of what it used to be. HERE'S HOPING FOR THE BEST THOUGH!

Please excuse me as I set up this place, I need to get my norns and exp files in order, some of which I still have are years and years old, some from the 90's which were backups from my old creatures site on geocities which went down with the rest of them. It was a very sad day to see so many creatures sites go at once, such huge pieces of history of the creatures community. We're still around though, slowly regrouping on the web, eagerly awaiting news from C4 and of course Steve Grand's amazing project Grandroids.

I actually saw a new video he posted the other day showing some progress he's made on the brain of "Gollum" his test creature. Very awesome stuff. Check it out here:



Here's a link to his blog if you'd like to read more on his work.

That's it for now. I'll be around later to comment on some Creatures 4 things I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment